Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let's Have Some Fun

I thought maybe this week-end we should dance~ Eat some soup~drink some wine~ tell stories~laugh.
Bring our tambourines. 


Gypsy Soup

3-4 tbs. Olive oil

2 cups chopped onion

2 cloves crushed garlic

2 cups chopped, peeled sweet potatoes or winter squash

1/2 cup chopped celery

1 cup chopped, fresh or canned tomatoes

3/4 cup chopped sweet peppers

1 1/2cups cooked chickpeas

3 cups stock or water

2 tsp. paprika

1 tsp. tumeric

1 tsp. basil

1 tsp. salt

dash of cinnamon

dash of cayenne

1 bay leaf

1 tbsp. tamari

Cook the chickpeas (after checking) for a few hours before you use them in the soup.  In a soup kettle filled with water/stock, throw in onions, garlic, celery, sweet potatoes and seasonings.  Simmer, covered, fifteen minutes.  Add remaining vegetables and chickpeas, simmer another 30 minutes or so - until all the vegetables are as tender as you like them.
And of course red wine...

7 comments:

  1. count me in, gpysy sister!

    this week i pickpocketed one watch, seven wallets, three checkbooks and one pair of socks.

    let the party begin.

    love
    kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Kj~ you are doing a great job of pickpocketing! Can I have the socks please!
    Pattee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy do I need the norishment and wine!!
    I am in.
    Need dancing and friends too.
    What a week.
    No worries, all my own drama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! Maybe kj can teach us her trade. I could use some socks. I need wine and dancing and laughter. I need fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's break some plates too! For Renee. I have made some beautiful ones just for us :-).
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. After the week I had, I am more than ready for a party - Gypsy-sister style! I am ready to give some tambourine and mazurka lessons in trade for a tarot reading!

    Prepare the soup! Pour the wine! Pick the pockets! Break the plates! Let's dance!

    Love,

    ♥ Robin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, do I hear you! Pass me the soup bowl! Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete